Perfectly Tuned Uprated Sports Damper & Spring Set for Golf 7 R.
Give your MQB-platform car a whole new lease of life with our Sport Suspension upgrade. We’ve struck a ride & handling balance that matches the very best thoroughbred German performance cars – tight, perfectly controlled yet unmistakably sporty.
- When it comes to a matched set of Performance Sport Dampers and Sport Springs at an affordable price, this kit solves compromise between performance and comfort for keen drivers for Golf 7, A3 8V and other VWG cars on the MQB platform.
- This kit combines the RacingLine Sport Damper kit with our carefully matched Sport Spring kit – combining two front and two rear Tri-Valve dampers with a set of 4 Sport Springs specific to your car type.
- The kit will lower your car by around 15-25mm dependent on model, and provide a taught, controlled ride and handling balance.
- Extensive development from our vast race set-up experience on the MQB platform ensures superior road-holding and a positive transformation in handling characteristics, all achieved without compromising comfort.
- Ride quality is just how a good hot-hatch should be. A little stiffer than factory, sure, but never crash or uncomfortable.
- All of which guarantees greater stability, control – and therefore driving pleasure. And isn’t that what it’s all about?
Bringing together all of VWR’s motorsport suspension expertise gives a high quality, fast-road orientated damper kit employing sophisticated valving inside the dampers for optimum wheel-control.
The shock absorbers have a precisely matched damping curve to the VWR Sport Spring rate or to the original factory springs.
Ensures suitability of dampers for both standard and lowered cars, as well as a sporty feel during high speed cornering on smooth surfaces and comfort on uneven surfaces.
NO DAMPER FADE
The addition of Nitrogen gas into the system eliminates oil foaming when the oil is hot, the main cause of shock fade. VWR’s superior Tri-Valve design controls and limits the heat build-up internally ensuring the oil lasts longer.
DUAL TUBE DESIGN
Comfort guaranteed thanks to dual tube design and low pressure Nitrogen gas system.
HIGH QUALITY OIL
Longevity far exceeds OEM spec and many rival aftermarket dampers of similar value due to the higher quality oil used in the VWR Sport Dampers.
VWR Sport Damper features three hydraulic valves: one bump valve, one rebound valve and a main valve, with the movement of the damper shaft predominantly controlled by the valves in low and high speed shaft frequencies (smooth and rough road conditions).
The bump valve is mainly responsible for the sporty, agile feel of the car on smoother surfaces, whilst the rebound valve maintains the comfort balance. Through extensive testing of damping rates, our engineers have established what we consider to be the ideal settings for enthusiastic driving.
The VWR Sport Damper kit is aimed at fast road use, yet has been developed carefully to ensure that the comfort is not sacrificed – in fact, it is the beautiful, taut ride quality that most customers are most impressed by when they try the Sport Damper Kit.
Unforgiving bumps in the road which cause other damper kits to react harshly are controlled by the main valve which overrides the bump and rebound valve. It smooths out the reaction of the damper shaft at high speeds to maintain comfort.
This intelligent Tri-Valve technology is what sets VWR Sports Dampers apart from standard OEM dampers. It allows you to have the best of both worlds.
RacingLine Performance engineers have worked tirelessly to achieve this optimum balance between performance and comfort by using the most sophisticated testing equipment and procedures.
A shock dyno was used to extensively simulate the performance of the damper in a variety of situations, from the racetrack to the road, to confirm endurance and reliability.
The body and brackets of the Sport Dampers are made of mild steel and the damper shaft features a hardened chrome finish. The dampers are finished in a black gloss paint with the RacingLine Performance logo applied.
VWR Dampers are supplied with a mounting nut for the top of the component, and bespoke to this kit is a Teflon disc which attaches to the damper shaft to prevent the bump stop from sucking oil from the top shaft seal. This is a feature which has been overlooked by most other damper designs in the market and it is one of the key reasons why RacingLine Performance Sport Dampers perform optimally on a consistent basis.
How do VWR achieve this? All of their testing is done using high-cost multi-way adjustable dampers and both VWR Sport Spring and the original factory spring combinations. Only once VWR have finished their set up do they then ‘lock’ the settings. The profiles of these development dampers are then fully measured on a damper dyno, and the results replicated exactly into the valving of the Sport dampers.
- VW Golf 7 R 2015+ 5G